There are only two weeks left for people to object to plans to stop all weekday tube services to Olympia Station. Over 40,000 residents will be affected by this service cut. You can read more about these plans by clicking onto this campaign website set up by local residents. Click here to email Transport for
directly and here to email Mayor Boris Johnson (Con), who runs TfL. London
Here are some of the main points:
- NO weekday Olympia tube service at all from December onwards.
- TfL did not consult residents prior to announcing this decision
- Local Conservatives lobbied for this change
- It is damaging to local businesses
- Over 40,000 residents are affected
- It removes access for hundreds of people with limited mobility because the Olympia District line is a step free station.
- Extra Olympia overland trains and the 5 extra Wimbledon District line trains will not compensate for this cut
Many residents have been disappointed to learn that H&F Conservatives have not only refused to campaign for a more equitable solution but actually lobbied TfL and Mayor Boris Johnson for this change. You can click here to sign the residents' petition and support their campaign.