Well, they’ve been back to the sunny resort again this year – returning to the UK a few days ago. What’s unusual is that there’s been no response to my query about the jaunt despite it being sent on 12th February. We do know that the Conservative run Council have some highly "contentious developments sites" in mind including the Goldhawk Industrial Estate along with many local people's homes. So, this lack of response raises further concerns and leads to the question; what does H&F Council hope to hide from Hammersmith and Fulham's residents?
I think residents have a right to answers to the questions I raise below – after all, it is those same residents who are being asked to put their hands in their pockets to pay for this luxury jaunt.
Here’s the list of my queries about the trip to the property developers conference in the South of France that, so far, H&F Council have failed to answer:
“I would be grateful if you would let me know the following:
- The complete list of councillors and officers attending
- How long they plan to stay
- The full cost of travel including taxis to and from the airport, flights, etc
- The full cost and addresses of all accommodation
- The full cost of all expenses and a list of what the expenses allow (and don't allow). Please list any extra cost they are likely to incur
- The list of people and organisations the H&F Council delegation plan to meet - please attach all agendas
- The list of all sites in the borough the delegation plan to discuss".
I'll let you know when I get a response.