Monday 19 January 2009

Calling All Parents! Are You Entitled To Up To £1,040 In Unclaimed Children’s Tax Allowance for 2002/3?

There are many parents eligible for a non-means tested tax credit but they've failed to claim their money due to a lack of publicity from the Inland Revenue.

The Children’s Tax Allowance means that parents could be in for a tax rebate of between £520.00 to £1,040 if they have a child born between 6th April 1986 and 5th April 2003 and have not already claimed it. However, the claim form must in before the 31st January 2009 deadline and parents do not qualify for this if they're in the higher rate tax band.

It’s easy to claim. Click this link for more information or simply call your tax office and ask them to check whether you have already received this allowance or not. You will need your National Insurance Number.

People are eligible to claim an allowance of £520 if:

  • You have a child born between 6th April 1986 and 5th April 2003 AND

  • The child lived with you for all or part of that year AND

  • You worked and paid tax for all or part of that year AND

  • You or your partner earned over £6,000 in the 2002/03 Tax Year.
You are eligible for an allowance of £1,040 if;
  • You can answer yes to the four questions above, and

  • One of your children was born between 6th April 2002 and 5th April 2003

Here is the link to the HMRC Form which you can fill in and send to your local Tax Office before the deadline at the end of this month.

The BBC have reported that thousands of parents are needlessly paying claims management firms to reclaim this tax-allowance, even though they easily could do it themselves.

I hope this information is useful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for letting us know about this but The Entitlements Agency will take £94 off you for admin fees. If you contact the tax office directly, they will process this free of charge. You need form 11CTC