It’s easy to claim. Click this link for more information or simply call your tax office and ask them to check whether you have already received this allowance or not. You will need your National Insurance Number.
People are eligible to claim an allowance of £520 if:
- You have a child born between 6th April 1986 and 5th April 2003 AND
- The child lived with you for all or part of that year AND
- You worked and paid tax for all or part of that year AND
- You or your partner earned over £6,000 in the 2002/03 Tax Year.
- You can answer yes to the four questions above, and
- One of your children was born between 6th April 2002 and 5th April 2003
Here is the link to the HMRC Form which you can fill in and send to your local Tax Office before the deadline at the end of this month.
The BBC have reported that thousands of parents are needlessly paying claims management firms to reclaim this tax-allowance, even though they easily could do it themselves.
I hope this information is useful.